March Madness is under way, which could also be a useful term to describe the stretch of the NBA calendar that occurs in the weeks before the playoffs begin. We see some unexpected results and bizarre stat lines. Elfrid Payton posted the third longest triple-double streak in 30 years behind Russell Westbrook and Michael Jordan. Discarded former Lakers D’Angelo Russell and Julius Randle scored 44 and 45 points in a game, respectively. And once heavily-derided Bulls coach Jim Boylen has started to garner himself more and more supporters.
So on a brand new episode of Fastbreak Breakfast we sift through some of these stories from the last week plus discuss the following:
- How historic was Russell’s 44 points, 12 assist, 4 steal performance?
- Who were the biggest omissions from our Most Improved Player discussion?
- After criticizing him for years, do we have to admit we were completely wrong about Mike Malone?
- Lou Williams hit a stunning buzzer-beater a couple of days in the past, is a frontrunner for an additional Sixth Man of the 12 months award, however does he have any shot at making the Corridor of Fame?
- Recreation of Scones: Are you able to bear in mind whether or not [moderately] well-known occasions occurred earlier than or after the Nuggets final certified for the playoffs?
- What’s the finest taste of Slurpee?
- Was Isaiah Thomas’ return to Boston a heartwarming second or are we terrible and cynical folks?
Fastbreak Breakfast is a podcast for critical NBA followers that’s extremely not critical. All episodes can be found on Apple Podcasts and Soundcloud or some other main podcast service.
Music offered courtesy of New Man and Codaphonic.
If you wish to achieve entry to unique Fastbreak Breakfast bonus content material together with further full episodes, go to Patreon.com/Fastbreakbreakfast. We consider in supporting the content material we take pleasure in and in addition constructing relationships with our greatest followers, and all of that’s completed at Patreon.com/Fastbreakbreakfast.
On the very least, think about writing us a five-star overview on Apple Podcasts!